Plain Greek yogurt isn’t just a tasty, nutritious breakfast or snack for you and your family—your chicken wants some too! This rich, thick, creamy marinade loaded with warm, earthy spices, garlic, and lemon creates wonderfully juicy, tender chicken breasts and terrific golden color. Just give them enough time in the fridge to soak up the flavor.
An easy drizzle of fresh lemon juice spiked with a couple fresh herbs is all you need to finish this simple—and simply delicious—Mediterranean-style dinner for four.
- 7 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped lemon zest
- 4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tsp finely chopped tarragon
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and next 5 ingredients (through lemon zest) in a bowl.
- Place the chicken in a large, sealable plastic bag and scrape the yogurt mixture into it. Seal and turn several times to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight).
|Ready to Mix|
|Chicken in Marinade|
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil, swirling to coat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, wiping off excess. Season with salt and pepper and place in the skillet. Cook until browned on the bottom, 6-7 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the other side is golden brown and the chicken is done, 5-6 minutes longer, depending on thickness.
|Beginning to Cook|
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, mint, and tarragon in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Plate the chicken breasts and drizzle with the lemon-herb mixture. Serve right away.
|Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Breasts with Lemon-Herb Drizzle|